Hi, I’m Lauren.
I love witnessing and capturing real moments. I’ve spent the last ten years photographing people in their everyday lives for newspapers like The New York Times and The Washington Post. You can view that work here. Now I want to add your family to the mix.
I’m drawn to the moments that sometimes pass by without us noticing. The way the light comes through the windows when the world is waking up, the sometimes messy – but still beautiful – chaos of our lives, the routines and the breaks in routine.
I’m excited by what you’re passionate about. And I love unexpected, spontaneous requests. Surprise me with your idea, and I’ll be thrilled.
When I’m not taking photos, I’m probably:
- Having dinner with friends
- Learning Spanish
- Reading or going on walks
- Face-timing with my niece
- Learning about a new country each month
Random things about me
- When I was 13 I took my first trip out of the country to visit family in Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- Even though I am terrified of heights, my brother convinced me to jump out of an airplane
- I will never eat pickles by choice